Monday, July 27, 2009

Fireflies

Arrived late , 10 pm, at Hall county park in Grand Island- a really neat park and only one other tent. We left Gothenburg early and rode 25 to Lexington, canged and attended church in the small ward there. A family invited us to dinner at their large farmhouse. We had grilled chicken that the missionaries had caught, killed, plucked, an cleaned. After I rode the 80 into Grand Island inthe dark for the last 10 accompanied by fireflies to keep me on the straight and narrow. Today on to Wahoo...
So off and fly'n Ryan:)

2 comments:

  1. My first train ride at age 9 started at Grand Island. Ah, a trip down memory lane. I remember catching fireflies as a child then, twisting their tails off when lit, and making a bracelet . . . the girls I hung out with--they did that, not me. Into the home stretch for ESY, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah thinks that's a funny way to get a chicken to eat it. She wants to know if they chopped the heads off the chickens before you ate them.
    Spencer wants to know if you will catch a firefly and bring it home in a jar.
    The things that fascinate kids!

    ReplyDelete